Lets face it, summer is wedding season galore! Even if you are not planning on getting married I guarantee you are probably attending at least one wedding this summer. Instead of focusing solely on being a green bride website I thought I would compile a fun How to be a Green Guest list.
Image from Get Married
- Is a girlfriend of yours recently engaged? Buy her The Green Bride Guide as an engagement gift!
- Compile a list of your favorite green wedding websites or blogs and send it to her.
- Wear a dress you already own.
- If you are hesitant to wear the same dress, just accessorize it differently with something eco-fabulous from eco etsy.
- Know a great local florist of vendor? Refer your friend to them!
- Picking up a last minute congratulations card? Make sure you grab the eco-friendly one from Hallmark.
- Traveling? Purchase a carbon offset for your airfare.
- Stay at a green hotel
- Gather a group of friends or relatives and purchase a carbon offset for their wedding (Usually between $150 to $200)
- Ever feel like giving pots and pans as a wedding gift is too impersonal? How many kitchen utensils does one couple really need? Try getting them something unique instead: